This past year has been a wild ride, I was fortunate enough to visit fifteen different cities between seven different countries. Some of these trips were for work and others were for leisure, but all the same I am so grateful that this past year has been so full of opportunity and personal growth.
I was able to love, learn and laugh around the world this past year, and here are my Top 10 Favorite Adventures of 2017!
10. I got drunk and got a spontaneous tattoo on a spontaneous girl’s trip to Nashville. If your bottomless mimosa brunch doesn’t end up with you and four of your girlfriends at a tattoo shop you’re doing it wrong. (And why is this picture from Punta Cana the only one I have of it?)
9. I got kissed behind a waterfall in Iceland. Which, according to a random book I found in a gift shop, is the third most romantic thing you can do while you’re in Iceland. So, I’ll check that one off the bucket list.
8. I explored close to home. This is so important because, unless you’ve inherited a fortune, you probably don’t have money to travel every weekend and life would be boring without adventures. I visited the Boston Athenæum (book-nerd), and a couple different vineyards in the area (wine-lover).
7. I spent four weeks in Cancun with one of my best friends of the last 12 years. This statement summarizes all the craziness we got into that we can’t share with the world.
6. I ventured through four different ecosystems in the Biodome in Montreal. From a tropical rainforest to a temperate rainforest, a coastal marsh environment, and sub-polar. Each separate ecosystem in the biodome consisted of the natural wildlife of each area, the terrain, and the vegetation.
5. I went zip-lining through a rainforest in Puerto Vallarta. We went back and forth over a cascading river until we landed next to a natural pool. The restaurant we ordered lunch at had a rock waterslide into the pool and kayaks. Absolutely a must-do if you’re looking for a full day excursion in Puerto Vallarta!
4. I swung on the highest swing in the world. The swing is 100 meters up on top of one of the tallest buildings in Amsterdam, the place isn’t that well known (yet) and there wasn’t much of a wait. The views aren’t half bad either.
3. I slept in a car at the base of a glacier in Iceland. It poured all night until around 5 am; the rain randomly cleared and the sun was up just enough for us to hike up the glacier.
2. I finally went snorkeling! Not once, but twice! This has been the top of my bucket list for so long and I was given the chance to do it in both Cancun and Punta Cana this year. (amazing work perks)
1. I spent my birthday weekend in London, complete with a night in a Wizard Chamber! London was one of my favorite places I visited in 2017 and I will definitely be making a point to go back!
On top of all these unforgettable memories are the amazing people I was fortunate to meet everywhere I went, I started a new job in 2017 that has been life changing for me in so many ways, and spending more time at home has brought more memories with my family as well. I already have a couple trips planned for 2018 and I can’t wait to see what else the new year brings.
Happy New Year!